Vista in VirtualBox for Ubuntu

By NinjaCube
Apr 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. So, I have Ubuntu, and not all of the programs and features I want can be ran in Ubuntu, so I set up a virtual machine of Vista. I did everything normal to set it up and I've finally got to first run, but it stops at 9 dots. Is it a problem with how I'm running the VirtualBox (It's a virtual machine image with about 780MB of hard drive space). I absolutely have no idea what to do at this moment.

Thank you.

PS: I'm using Oneiric Ocelot as my OS
  2. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +97

What Virtualbox version are you running?

Did you install with "sudo apt-get install virtualbox" or did you head to their website and download the .deb file/add to your sources.list?

My first observation would also be to question the size of your virtual hard disk. You need to give Vista at least 15-20GB really. Could you let me know what resources you've given to the VM please, as well as your physical resources on the Ubuntu machine.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.