Vista off of USB

oldikes

If i had a 2GB usb drive, and a PC that can boot from it, could i put the vista installer on it so i could select the "repair" function?

I don't know, this type of question probably isn't a real big deal for most people. But when people start asking questions about if it's 'ok" and or "possible" to put any component of Windows on anything other than the installation CD that came with the O.S., this line of questioning makes me kind of suspicious.

My advise...................."walk softly my friend, walk softly"!

Oh i know. I hate having to resort to it, hhaa. but in a previous thread as i stated this laptop has had the crap beat out of it and i dont have a working DVD drive..So thanks, ill do that!

It's a good idea to have a bootable USB. I myself having a netbook saves me the hassle of borrowing a DVD drive just to repair an NTLDR is missing.

Can i delete any files to reduce the CD size to below 2 GB to fit on my flash drive, as im not installing it, im just repairing? or does the setup check everything beforehand?

Repair Disc iso for Vista around 200 MB, Windows 7 is about 140 MB, plus RC for XP and a lightweight Linux will fit on a 2 Gig flash drive.

Search for Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset and DL the iso.

Back