Vista SP1 Theme Fix 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipstir

Vista SP1 Theme Fix 2008
I've put together a script that will allow you to change your theme like you had prior. Included is 32-bit and 64-bit. There is a readme.txt in the main folder. The installer will place everything in your desktop as Tipstir_Vista SP1 Fix. Just pick the folder you want that you have Vista 32-bit or Vista 64-bit and run the script.

Direct download here.
http://files.filefront.com/tipstir2008+vistaexe/;10569109;/fileinfo.html

Note: To me this is the easiest way to do without using beta software.
Also this is AS-IS, but it works. Just read over the readme.txt included.

I have found a Vista Black theme like XP Black Theme but I couldn't use
it until now. The above file gave me access to use the theme.

I've put together a script that will allow you to change your theme like you had prior
Can you explain this a bit better?
Is this the default theme for Vista or some modified one
Does it fix the theme?
What actually is it again?

kimsland said:
Can you explain this a bit better?
Is this the default theme for Vista or some modified one
Does it fix the theme?
What actually is it again?

No theme is included just to fix the problem getting the themes you have in the prior version to work with SP1 version. You know MS has block free themes that do not have a digital signature, in other words you have to buy themes.

Vista Black Theme

http://www.askvg.com/vista-black-theme-for-windows-vista/

Doesn't have to be only this theme any one you can try.. I just use that as example and it's the one I am using.

You know MS has block free themes that do not have a digital signature
Mongrels, how dare they do that

Thanks tipstir, for creating a script for allowing the non digitally assigned themes in Vista

Actually I like yours ! (Vista Black Theme)
But in actual fact my normal OS is Xp (as you would have guessed)

Yeah same here but my line of work you got to know Vista Business as some companies are taking a crack at testing it out in a Model office, but finding the same issues that we all do here! :)

At home I run/ administration

1x Windows Vista Business SP1
(wireless laptop)
Vista Black Theme using the script changer from the first post..

2x Windows Server 2003 SE
Both are using black theme from XP using a special tool to turn on themes on server vista icons also
(soon to turn one of the Servers into Windows Server 2008 migration)

4x Windows XP Pro SP2
(desktop and wireless laptop)
primary desktop with black theme for XP Pro SP2 with vista icons

1x Windows 2000 Pro SP4
(wireless laptop)

Is this similar to Xp's uxtheme.dll 'patch'. I use that on my Xp machine...works well. Thanks for providing this for Vista!

Your welcome! Those patches you had mention I could never get them to work right with Vista Business SP1 and Vista Ultimate SP. That's why I've scripted these two for 32-bit and 64-bit. As they work and Vista Black looks very cool on Vista box.

Note for those of you who still have Windows XP Pro, Server 2003, Media Center Edition 2005? Can go to this techspot thread link to see how close you can come to MAC OS X Leopard: https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=654544#post654544

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back