Vista start up trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help needed!
Toshiba Satellite Laptop.L300-1AQ.
Windows Vista installed.No previous probs.
Problem........Trying to be clever.....
I installed some installed windows features,from the internal menu,a couple of days ago.Since then I cannot get my machine to progress.
When I switch on, I get the WINDOWS ERROR SCREEN..choices given for start up.Safe mode/Safe mode+Networking/Windows normal.
Choose windows Normal.
Load bar appears at bottom of screen.
Checking system screen appears.
Check files/discs NFTS system
Check OK
Computer restarts......
Load bar at bottom of screen...
Configuration updated loading 3of 3.. 59% complete...do not turn off your computer.......FREEZES. Computer turns off automatically after about 5 mins.
Cannot get past this screen.
What can I do?
I don`t have any boot discs(everything was pre loaded)I have recovery discs.
Thanks in advance.

What about Safe Mode and then running System Restore?

Also:
I installed some installed windows features,from the internal menu,a couple of days ago.Since then I cannot get my machine to progress.
With all the above info and fine detail, this part seems to be quite vague
Windows features hey... Like a screensaver? or Wallpaper or a million other possibilities?

Please try the Safe Mode then Restore idea first

Hi! Thanks for the reply.
I was using the windows facility to turn on/off windows features such as messaging/text /browsing etc.Stupidly I can`t remember what I selected!
I can get to the system restore point but when I click system restore,the message is that `restore is complete and will now restart`.That`s when the `configuring updates-59%complete-do not turn off your computer` appears.
There is activity looking at the data green light, but I left it running for about 4 hours this morning without any success.I have tried inserting my own data restore disc but nothing responds.
I am feeling totally useless!,but I have every confidence in you guys to help me out.
Thanks.

Well I'm thinking remove the internal Hard drive
Place it in another working computer (as a slave or secondary drive)
Backup all your data

Then work out what the hec is happening with that restore disc
You may need to contact your manufacture to get another Windows Restore disc (I would)

Anyway, I'm about to sign off for a few mins (it's never long time away, with me)
But I stand by all of the above :)

Hi!
Thanks again.Might be a while before I can source another unit to transfer my HD.
The restore discs were not supplied with the machine.I burnt them myself as backups.Will keep plodding away.Will keep you informed.
Thanks.
johnboy88

-------------------

Hi! All.
Finally gave up on my problem! Decided to call it a day and ran the Toshiba boot restore facility pre-installed on my laptop.Everything back running ok.Just need to transfer back up disc files/folders to restore pre-mess up settings!
Thanks for all your views and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back