Vista themes on XP

By n0tepad
Mar 27, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. where can I get the best and really look alike VISTA themes applicable to xp sp3 ??

thn x
  2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

you can try windows blinds... which adds a slew of UI enhancements
  3. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] I'm a TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,257   +110

4. matrix86

matrix86 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 795   +8

Vista Start Menu (though i've never seen a start menu like this, but I REALLY like it):
    http://www.vistastartmenu.com/index.html

Vista Start Menu, Start Button, and File Manager, as well as Windows 7 Super Bar:
    http://lee-soft.com/products/

*I should add the if you use the Windows 7 Super Bar, you will not need the Vista Start button (or "Orb" as it is most commonly called) as the Super Bar puts it's start button on there. I haven't tried the 7 Super Bar yet...think i'll give it a shot right now. I like it a lot on my actual Windows 7 machine. I just hope it won't slow my start up down too terribly much (my desktop is a little outdated, lol).

Just keep this in mind, these programs (as with any skinning programs) are required to start up with Windows, and will slow down the start up process if you have a slow computer.
  5. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] I'm a TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,257   +110

I forgot to mention, you need to patch your uxtheme.dll or something similar to run unorthodox themes.
  6. matrix86

matrix86 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 795   +8

HAHA! That is AWESOME! I could have used this a while back. I was part of a forum where the same questions was asked about 2 times a week for about a month. It was something that could have been googled, and after that it was just laziness of not looking at the threads.
  7. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

yea lmgtfy is great for redundant questions lol
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.