TechSpot

Vista to XP at home..

By Onemajorflaw
Oct 17, 2009
  1. My laptop is running Vista 64 bit and my PC is running XP SP2 and I'm trying to play Diablo 2 through a TCP/IP game and I can't connect to the game the XP PC is hosting. I haven't changed any settings and when I take my laptop to school and hook it up to their network I can join a XP hosted game perfectly fine. I've tried turning off the firewalls on both my laptop and PC, didn't work. I tried installing the latest LLTD on the XP PC and that didn't work either. I just can't figure out what the differences may be... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

My first guess would be it's the school's network firewall thats blocking the connection. (I'm guessing they don't want unknown/uncontrolled inbound or outbound computers on their network)

3. Onemajorflaw

Onemajorflaw TS Rookie Topic Starter

No no no... the other way around. It works fine at school, but it doesn't work at all at home..

4. Ultiweap

Ultiweap TS Enthusiast Posts: 606

Check if you network it well open and that the is nothing blocking on the router at home.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.