Vista to xp to vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxglover1989

iv been searching the web for cases of peopl that have been having the same problem as me, my vista all of a sudden just crached and wouldnt reboot itself, i ran a disk fix from my vista boot cd but nothing changed, so i thought why dont i just put xp on the comp because iv been wanting to do it for sometime and now i have a reason, so i put xp on my comp which is an acer aspire quad core m3610 with 3gb ram, eventually i found the drivers, and then agin it went pear shaped, so i wiped the disk again and started with vista yet again to my dismay, now vista wont go on the hard drive, for some reason my vista disc wont let me format my hard drive the option just isnt there, so i formatted it with the xp disc hoping that would solve the problem, this is the point at which i am at. are there any other things that i could do to sove this problem, any suggestion are much appreciated thank you

Delete the partition maybe in your XP disc and stop at that point before you format it. Then fire up Vista and see if it doesn't find it as a new hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back