TechSpot

Vista trouble

By chrisdecker2007
May 18, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently purchased a toshiba laptop with vista home premium... i am not at all satisfied with it's performance .. it is slow and glitchy does anyone know where i can buy a recovery disk of XP to match my computer? having trouble with support as well .. i bought the computer in the US but live in canada .. i was trying to save some money but bought myself a big headache in the process ... any ideas would be appreciated.. or maybe a dual boot? anyway throw any ideas my way.. thanks..
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,140   +29

How much RAM do you have?
  3. chrisdecker2007

chrisdecker2007 TS Rookie Topic Starter

2 gb but it still should be faster than my old laptop which was a 400
  4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,140   +29

I strongly suggest posting your issue in the Laptop forum because you'll get help that deals with your particular problems.
  5. chrisdecker2007

chrisdecker2007 TS Rookie Topic Starter

thank you i am feeling kind of lost
  6. windmill007

windmill007 TS Rookie Posts: 311

Vista is just slow dude. I have a friend who bought a new laptop. Same thing. Threw XP on there and back to performance! I don't care what people say thats just the way it is. Vista is a dog. Oh and if you have Norton or symantec anything on there remove it. That will also slow your system to a crawl. I suggest Avast as a free anti-virus replacement. AVG use to be my choice but it has gone the way of Vista. Shinny and Slow
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.