TechSpot

Vista Ultimate error 0xC004D401

By waterproof
Aug 1, 2009
  1. I've never had this error before, my vista is fully activated until now, which tells me to activate online, which I have and I get that error again, I was trying to install Vista SP1 and couldn't, so I used RegCure to try to fix any errors that prevented from installing SP1.. and now I've got this error, I'm not sure if that program caused it, but anyway I couldn't even get to Control Panel, Security Centre, etc the window pops up and disappears!! I have tried using google and followed many suggestions but I get the error over and over.

I get this error too
    [​IMG]

Anybody could help?

(also I didnt have system restore on, although I do have a image backup done, it was done 2 months ago. I don't want to restore anything until I find a way and hopefully there is to resolve this issue)

2. waterproof

waterproof TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 207

I found the problem, it was a huge malware issue.. i got it all cleaned except the security centre link via my computer doesnt work but works via control panel, any solution to solve it?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.