Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate is free

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkedKube

Went to the MS site, filled in the upgrade information. It is free, besides the 9.99 usd they are charging me for shipping.

This is not concurrent with all other versions vista to w7 btw.

This is very interesting, I'm trying to follow that path applying for an upgrade using my Vista Ultimate license but it's not very clear from the info displayed on the site.

when i click on the link it says i have to have cookies enabled, which i do and then it says it can not find the page.

That only applies to licenses bought on June 26th and forward, not for Vista Ultimate users who bought their boxed copy of the OS last year or at launch for that matter.

Buy a Windows Vista upgrade now. Get a Windows 7 upgrade later.

Basically it says if you buy vista now you can upgrade to w7 during release.

Seems like a ploy to back the people that want to upgrade their os now but dont want to waste money because of the soon release of W7.

I entered my Vista ultimate key and got a grand total of 9.99 from the shipping, and I bought my copy in january some time.

I just filled this out with the same result, but I have Vista Home premium, and I bought it the December before last.

It seems to be letting me go through too... I have an OEM version (but not from a prepackaged PC) that I got as an upgrade from Windows XP MCE when Vista released (same $9.99 deal). But the next screen asks me what version I bought, apparently I can click Ultimate... Wonder what happens if I do.

Ok the thing is you can get the deal but you have to be able to prove you purchased the version you said you did between the dates. So.. they need a reciept.

I have a question, and im not being a smart a**. i have Vista home premium, but i read many ultimate owners are upset that 7 will not be heavily discounted to them because Microsoft promised a lot of additional features to Vista ultimate owners and they did not deliver, my question is, what was it that ultimate owners were supposed to recieve that they did not? again im not poking at upset ultimate owners, i really don't know the answer. I looked at the home premium vs the ultimate edition and could not justify the 200$ difference. so i assume that you who bought Ultimate were promised better things down the road.

Red, I just liked the really cool black version of the box it came in...:)

No honestly I cant tell you the difference as I dont have Premium, but you have a good point. The only answer I could give you is that I wasnt broke at the time I needed vista.

yes i "purchased the upgrade" how ever on your receipt it states that you must print out a copy of this order receipt and then send that and a copy of the receipt of the purchase of your vista os during the specific states months (now till January or something) to get the upgrade.

I.E. purchases before then they will deny and will not allow through, and then you will not get the upgrade 50% off price either :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back