Vista unable to boot / External Hard drive unpartitioned accidently

Status
Not open for further replies.

zazazoom

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post but I hope admins can move it if so.

I think I'm in a screwed position which is frustrating me...
Here's the story...

So basically my buddy asked me to format his computer that had linux in it...

Before I even started, I backed up his personal pictures and files to my external hard drive..

After this was accomplished I began the process of Installing a fresh copy of Windows..

1) I accidently unpartitioned my External...which has 2 SATA 500GB Seagates in a Nexstar enclosure. :( It isn't formatted just unpartitioned...

2) To fix this I acquired Partition Table Doctor...I tried fixing the partition using this program...but for some odd reason it didn't work. I didn't really read the Guide to using this but I skimmed through it and it seemed pretty straight forward.

This didn't work and my laptop did regcognize the drive but didn't show up as Hard drives with letters attached.

My second problem is.. during this stage.. it said there was an error with sectors on my C drive...It asked me if I wanted to fix it and so I did...

I rebooted my laptop once more and BOOM... my Vista wouldn't boot....
and all I got was a black screen and some Funny Characters located at the top left part of the screen...

Can someone lead me to the write direction? I'm totally lost and not sure how to recover my files and fix my MBR at this point... :(

I'm using the desktop computer I set up for my Buddy at the moment...

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers,

Zazazoom :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back