Vista use with constant ACPI error

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcatmk2123

Hi, I was just having trouble getting my Control panel to open, so I checked event viewer to see if the cause was there and instead found that I have a very commonly reoccuring event. The event itself states that: "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 24, function 0." We just got this computer so I did not add anything new recently, so I am not sure on what to do to fix this as I am new to Vista. Any suggestions? Also, I have attached the full text of the event item if that helps. Thanks for the help.

Have you checked (with Device Manager, for example) which device uses IRQ 24? It could be just that it needs a newer driver, or maybe the mainboard needs a newer BIOS. But it shouldn't affect control panel that way - if it doesn't cause any other harm, it's probably safe to ignore.

What chipset is it on the mobo? This is probably a good question to pose on the mobo section. I had same type problem using Nvidia nForce chipset drivers and someone immediately knew the extra driver I needed..................

-

The motherboard is the Nvidia 680I chipset. I didnt think of the device manager thing, I might give that a try to see if anything comes up.

Just tried the device manager and found the item, "PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge: PCI bus 0, device 24, function 0" which I believe is the same thing called in the text, but the driver is updated when I click to try to update and Vista says its working properly? Any I ideas or shoud I try posting in motherboard section like Dave suggested to see if anything comes up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back