Vista versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kebtiz

Are there any actual improvements in the more expensive versions of Vista like Premium or Ultimate over Basic, aside form the memory sucking active desktops and visual effects?

Which Came First, the Cape or the Bull......

This is guaranteed to start trouble but, IMHO you would be better off sticking with the Windows XP Professional version of Vista.

My main concern is 64-bit and the XP pro 64 bit I heard had alot of driver issues, as well as only being able to explore 62bit files not 32 and 64.

What do you mean by XP pro version of Vista? Is that just Basic?

Apples and Oranges....

64 Bit operating systems have more driver issues than 32 bit OSes, whether Vista or XP. If you definitely need a 64 bit OS, by all means go for it, but for most uses, for most people a 32 bit OS will suffice and give less issues.

No, I was referring to XP Pro, not any version of Vista. The Intel corporation has decided to skip Vista altogether and so have I. This is a long debate with no resolution in sight, but for the time being, XP is still faster than Vista, especially in gaming.

Give some serious thought about why you would need a 64 Bit OS, before you commit to one.

I think others in here will back me up (LNCPapa and Rick for 2) but if you are going to go 64bit, go Vista. You were right when you said 64bit XP had lots of driver issues. 64bit Vista doesn't, pretty much if you have good enough hardware to run Vista, you've got drivers for it. Its only obscure things you might have problems with, like old mp3 players or maybe something like an old Palm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back