Vista / Win 7 way more demanding over XP

By Tha General
Sep 25, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well after since i bought my 9500gt pcie card, i was using XP, superior performance, so i decided to install Vista. 4.2 Score, for graphics. However, i lose about 10% performance in games, and its hard for me to record any game using fraps with decent performance. Vista and Win 7 may look nice, have some nice features, but i guess vista and win 7 is aim for the high end cards right?

Guess i will be using XP home edition and XP pro for my 2 rigs(once i get the other one ) until XP is completely not being supported anymore. Btw, using Vista or win 7 is not too bad, i mean XP still seems way faster in games, etc, but losing about 20% of performance is not a good thing, but not as bad. Even Crysis warhead runs beautiful, however recording is a pain in the butt.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,673   +152

This totally depends on your hardware drivers. Remember, the drivers vary from OS to OS. I'm running Vista Home Premium, SP2 64-bit and Windows 7 RC 64-bit. Windows 7 gives me a lower index rating and won't let me over-clock past 3.5GHz, but the game play, video performance and multitasking blow Vista away
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.