Vista - Windows Mail problem (attachments)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibster

Hi all. Ive just set up Vista on my relatives PC and have come across a problem ive never had on my own pc.
When she recieves her emails and tries to open a .doc attachment, shes getting an error message something like there is no program associated with this please go into the something control panel and blah blah (sorry dont know exactly).

Now my 1st thought was that shes just installed office 2003 again, so maybe it hasnt got a .doc as the default associated program to open them. So i go and check that, its fine. Had a fiddle with some other options but i cant for the hell of it figure out why it wont let her open it.

If she saves the attachment to desktop, she can open it fine from there.

Does anyone know how i can fix this so she can open her attachments direct from the email?

Thanks in advance

what about this!
if you install office from a CD, it doesn't necessary mean that is an active programme. search for the programme that would be normally related the that type of document and try to open it, then it might actually install it eg, excel or word etc. have you got flash player and progs like that.

yeah i also thought that so manually opened word, it then flashed up a little install box for some seconds then proceeded to open.
The problem still exists.

hi gibster.
it would be of more help if you would take a screenshot of the message that is being displayed. post it as an attachment. i am beginning to think that it may be a setting problem:wave:

Ok here is a screenshot of the problem, it is attached.
If anyone knows how to sort this it would be great.

Attachments

• Untitled33.jpg
    Untitled33.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back