Vista Windows Update problem

By Spyke
Feb 10, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all. I have been trying to run windows update and it has caused me some problems. I try and do so every week or so and it usually installs the updates fine and restarts no problem.

I tried to install an update last week and when rebooting it seemed to go into an endless cycle where i got a never-ending "windows is shutting down" message. After half an hour i pressed the reboot switch and rebooted. I then got a never-ending "configuring updates" message. Eventually it ended but all processes ran in ultra-slow motion with stuttering. I rebooted into safe mode and ran system restore and all was fine.

I tried to update again today, doing only one update at a time, and the same thing occured. Again i had to system restore. I now have a list of three important and three recommended updates to install, but i suspect it will play havoc with the system again. What should i do?

my system is core2 6600 @ 2.4ghz, windoiws vista home premium, 2gb ram @ 533 mhz, pn5-e sli mobo, geforce 8800 gts 320mb.

The updates quesed up are: update for windows vista (kb943899), update for windows vista (kb943302), update for windows junk mail e-mail filter (jan 2008[kb905866), windows malicious software removal tool - jan 2008 (kb890830), update for windows vista (kb943411), security update for windows vista (kb941644).

Thanks!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.