VLC and laptop volume control

lopdog

Hi,

I'm using VLC media player 1.1.7, and it's really a great program that plays most media files. But there are two things that bothers me:

1. My laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad W510 with Windows 7 x64) has three buttons to adjust the volume (up-down-mute), but when a VLC-windows is active it "captures" these buttons, they change the players volume and not the Windows volume. If the sound was muted (or to low) in windows before I started VLC, I have to click another window, "un-mute" windows and adjust the volume, and then activate the VLC window again. Is it possible to make the volume controls affect Windows directly?

2. The mouse is not automatically hidden when I watch a movie in full screen. Not a big issue, as I could move the mouse to the screen border, but a little annoying when I have to get up from the coach again because I forgot to move the mouse.

Is it possible to change some preferences in VLC to solve these problems?

Any help appreciated.

I tried to find an answer on the support page, but couldn't find anything related. Anyways, in version 1.1.9 both problems mentioned are solved.

Back