TechSpot

VLC Question

By learninmypc
Sep 17, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. As @circusboy01 asked in a previous thread
    When I right click on a folder of music & Click Add to VLC, they start playing but once I X out of VLC, how do I relocate that playlist to play?? :)

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,559   +2,900

An actual playlist is never created. The playlist is creating within the players memory when telling it which folder to look in. I don't know anything about VLC, there might be an option to save the playlist. But as I said I don't know. Some apps will let you and some will not. Without having an app that will do it for you, the easiest playlist to create is quite possibly the M3U. It is only a file listing of each media file.

Playlist.m3u
    Code:
    D:\Music\Song10.mp3
    D:\Music\Song11.mp3
    D:\Music\Song12.mp3
    D:\Music\Song13.mp3
    D:\Music\Song14.mp3
    By some chance you would be interested, the playlist can be created by the following command-line. Change mp3 with the correct file type, if you are not working with mp3's.
    DIR /B/S [source] > [destination]
    • DIR /B/S "*.mp3" > "Playlist.m3u"
    • DIR /B/S "D:\Music\*.mp3" > "D:\Music\Playlist.m3u"

3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 6,616   +336

Ok, thank you for clearing up my frustration. :) Here I thought I had dozens of duplicate lists but now I know I don't. :)

4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

If you want to save your playlist hit Ctrl+Y after you've loaded your files up and it will save the playlist to a file of your choosing.

5. learninmypc

Ok, then how do I relocate them? I just did as you said but don't know where to look. Thank you. :)

6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,559   +2,900

If you were opted for a filename, there would have also been an option to change locations.

7. learninmypc

You're correct, my bad. Problem solved, thank you. :) :) :)