TechSpot

Vodafone SIM Problem?

By Jayb118
Jan 29, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys,

Yesterday i started having problems with my vodafone mobile which i've never had before. It's a samsung d900i handset.

I seem to be getting a really bad loss of signal for no apparent reason, phone keeps stating "no service" or "limited service" i've tried using the sim in another phone to see if it's the phone but the signal problem remains the same....

Normally i have a very strong signal at home with no problems, it lags very rarely but not enough to be annoying.

I know it's a longshot but could it maybe be something to do with the sim?

Cheers and hope i've put this in the right section lol

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Hi

does this happen in one place or all over, bear in mind the SIM is set to connect to a set cell tower in the area and swapping phones wont make a difference if its a network thing, ask your provider for known signal faults in the area and let them know, they may not be aware.

3. Jayb118

Jayb118 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

Hiya, thanks for your reply.

Found out what the problem is now. I mobile phone mast nearby has gone down so that's what causing it.

Cheers anyway

4. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Thought it might be, i have a bad tower near me and signal for Vodafone is sh*t in my house.

5. Jayb118

Jayb118 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

Oh right. Are they doing anything to fix the tower?

When i phoned up they didn't seem to know when it would be mended, although with this being this isle of wight they probably don't care much lol

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.