Voice Activation in Counter Strike

By MarkW
Oct 28, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please can someone tell me how to get this working. I have a microphone which works with my webcam and I have been into the config in Half Life and allocated a key. When I select the Tab key I am always the only person without the speaker option showing. Please email me markw@fairadsl.co.uk
  2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

That is fine, it should be working if you set it up properly. This is always like that. If you do or don't have your microphone set up I am pretty sure I remember it not showing a mic symbol by your name. If you hit your button to start talking does it show you talking in the bottom corner? Let us know and we'll clarify.

BTW :wave: :wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave: :wave:
  3. MarkW

MarkW Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I have tried pressing the allocated keys etc I think my problem is a little more complicated. I think it is related to the error msg I get when I try and run that sound setup exe file in the half life folder. Something like no external wavetable(ish). I have checked that my sound card has duplex by playing an .mpg and recording my voice, it worked fine. I do not have a sound option for my modem, which I have herd can cause problems. I spend hours last night installing patches and trawling the web.. I'm stuck:(
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.