Volume knob stopped working on ipad 2

learninmypc

Volume is stuck at full, cannot turn it down. Anyway to fix without resetting to factory settings? I've been googling all morning & no fix yet :( TIA

Find the Settings icon on the screen. Next - General, Reset, Reset all Settings. It'll take a few minutes but preserves your apps and saved data.

fbc5ed39-97f0-466a-bd0c-ced1750223dc.jpg
The horizontal bar is what is NOT working. The red is the cover it sits in that is removable but hasn't been removed in months & it does protect the knobs . Left side is down & it will NOT move. I followed your advice @bazz2004 but I still see no volume bar when doing what post #3 says :mad::confused:

It must be physically stuck so you need to free it up. Mine has two buttons one for up and one for down. Try gently working at the right side of the button to free it up. Maybe a little WD40 would help.

I believe it is. One of the videos I watched suggested using a toothbrush to rub in there a bit so I did such but probably not agressive enough. If push comes to shove, I'll just use my earphones. Resseting to factory I don't believe will work. Thanks for your help :)

Nothing apart from working to free up the button will put that right. A factory reset will just leave you without the apps you have installed.

I just accidentally found out I can swipe UP from the bottom to bring up the volume control. I will use that till I get the knob UNstuck. Thanks again :)

It must be physically stuck so you need to free it up. Mine has two buttons one for up and one for down. Try gently working at the right side of the button to free it up. Maybe a little WD40 would help.
NEVER APPLY WD40 to any keyboard or buttons on electronic equipment!!!

Back