voodoo 3/3000 in win2k - video overlay

By mane100
Feb 15, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I have a Vodooo 3/3000 video card and was using a WIN98 with original drivers and it was ok.

I upgraded my o.s. to WIN2k and installed the original drivers for WIN2k. After that the settings for Video Overlay (inside 3dfx Tools > 3DFX Color) are not working anymore. (they are not avaiable)

Besides that, in Monitor Type ( Control Panel - Display Properties - Settings -Advanced) appears a "Generic Television" (in win98 there wasn't that) and my monitor CMC-1703b).

I tried formatting my HD, reinstalling a new driver after reinstalling O.S. (AMIGAMERLIN 2.5 SE FOR voodoo3/4/5(tm) Driver kit) but the problem remains.

I usually watch DVDs in my computer and I use these festures to adjust the color and brightness.

I think the problem is that "Generic Television" but both drivers install it.

Besides that I read that video overlay doesn't work on WIN NT/2k. Is that true?

Thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.