voodoo 5 5500 AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 845 MhZ processor
356 RAM
Voodoo 5 5500 64 mg video card yet my video setting tab via dxdiag says that only 30.5 MB video RAM available.
Any thoughts?

It could just be dxdiag isnt recognizing it correctly, what does it say your video card is under display properties..under advanced? I doubt this is affecting your video performance....

The voodoo 5 will only be recognized with 32mb of ram since the ram is split between the two chips on it...
It won't give you any less performance in any game because of it...

What I would worry about is the fact that it reports only 30.5Mb ram... What does the V5 BIOS say? (It posts before your mobo starts up...)

Ahh MrGaribaldi I'm glad your posting right now too...I had no idea about the split chip thing.....:eek:

Originally posted by timhull
The BIOS at start says Video memory 65324--
You solved the mystery and I appreciate your time to repond

65324?

That's odd.. it should report 65,536kbytes

Originally posted by Soul Harvester
He said it reports that just before POST

Which if that is accurate, isn't good...

Well, I guess I should have written "It reports it before the motherboards POST", as the V5 displays it's POST before the mobos...

Timhul> Just glad to help out :) I remember how I felt the first time I saw that too... And I had just RMA'ed 2 V5 for not working properly!

Bleh.

Nevermind.

I was trying to get across that the card should report 65536kbytes of video ram, and that anything else is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back