Vudu resets user passwords after burglars steal hard drives

By Matthew
Apr 10, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Vudu has issued a mandatory password reset for its users after experiencing a security breach late last month. With these types of stories, "security breach" usually implies that a hacker has compromised a company's servers remotely, gaining access to sensitive...

Read more
  2. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

WOW! A actual physical theft?! Talk about low tech. Im surprised at the brazeness of this action. You would figure that hacking would have been the safest appraoch for them. Less chances at getting caught. But a physical burglary? Well they left clues as to who they were. Finger prints, hair and fibers, possibly some DNA. I will give them points for balls, but then take some away for general stupidity.
  3. Chazz

Chazz TS Evangelist Posts: 668   +72

They'd never see it comin!
  4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,378   +2,167

I doubt the police are going to pursue common thieves so relentlessly. There will be a routine investigation that ends with an insurance claim. Unless they did something profoundly stupid during the burglary they'll be laughing all the way... Well, to wherever they're going.
  5. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

Oh well there goes my account. Vudu very pricey they need to lower it otherwise I'll just use Amazon Instant Videos and Netflix. CrackleTV (free with ads)