W2k and XP Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha General

With my system specs(see specs) w2k is the best OS for my computer. Game performance are amazing, no more bottlenecking. Overall just a wonderful os. When i was using Xp home edition, the performance was terrible in gaming, i guess the OS is too demanding.

So my question, w2k doesn't have alot crap running, which my guess the reason why the os is so fast, so is XP professional just like w2k professional, or is Xp pro just as demanding as XP home editon and i should just keep using w2k.?

Lol, with the ridiculous specs you have mate, stick with what you've got.
You obviously don't do a great with it anyway, so its not worth the trouble. If you've already experienced slowdown in xp home, then you will with Pro as its the same but with more networking and security features.

In the end, even though your pc belongs in a museum, if its suits your needs then and you're happy with it, then leave it be tbh. :grinthumb

IIRC the min cpu spec fort xp is PIII/450, so you're only just over the min rec. specs anyway.

Game performance are amazing, no more bottlenecking
Made me :haha:. What do you play?......Solitarie?

You obviously don't do a great with it anyway
Its my main computer for everything, music, internet, gaming, and its been working since 2000.

If you've already experienced slowdown in xp home, then you will with Pro as its the same but with more networking and security features.
I only had slowdown and performance issues in games, not for everything else. XP works just fine for internet, music, etc and the speed is very quick. I only had issues with games. I think the stuff which is loaded is too much and thats why the performance in games was so bad.

Made me :haha:. What do you play?......Solitarie?
I don't know , i play games like COD4 at high settings/1280x1024 and get 17-27fps.
Jericho at 1024x768 shader and texture at very high and get 15-24fps.
Quake 4 Max settings , AAX2 and get 18-30fps. Or Doom 3 Max settings, excuse me Ultra settings, and get 30fps.

Should i continue?
Um no. My computer may be old, but its not slow.

Let me ask someone this question.

W2k works so amazing on my computer, how many task program loads up with the OS, and how many programs loads up with xp? And does professional xp load up more then home ediiton?

Just trying to figure out why w2k works so good, when xp home edition did not.

It's due to W2k being built to run on a lot less requirement of a machine. Windows OS seems to be built around what system power is available at that period of time and what will be available in the next 2 years.

Is WinXP Professional just like w2K professional?
or Should i just keep w2k for this computer, and when i get my secondary one, use XP pro?

You could actually even install the second computer with Win2K with the same key. And yes this is one of the few times that it is actually legal with Microsoft since the software is no longer supported what so ever.. short up updates that were previously released. XP Pro is like XP Home just has more networking features available.

I am just going to stick with using w2k on this rig, because the OS runs perfectly on my computer with my specs. When i buy my secondary rig , i will use winxp professional or i might end up using Vista 32bit home basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back