W32.spybot.worm detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

scriblerus

Hi. I noticed my computer was acting funny. First of all when I started it up this morning, an error message popped up about onoe.exe not working or something (weird.) Then I noticed that my bearshare lite program kept starting every 10 seconds. And I also couldn't alt+ctrl+del to check the taskmanager.

I ran lavasoft's program and it said I had a worm.

Also, I followed the insturctions for the AVG Anti-Spyware program and quarantined WORM.VB.dw, Backdoor.Rbot, and WORM.VB.an.

I then ran HJT. Here is my hjt log.

PS. I tried to attach the AVG spyware log but couldn't because the file was too big.

Attachments

• 2.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 7
I need you to quarantine all nastied found by AVG Antispyware and the delete them form quarantine.

Once that is done post a fresh HJT log.

This thread is for the use of scriblerus only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi Rik,

Here is the log after AVG. After I ran this the problem (not being able to bring up taskmanager) seemed to have been resolved. However, I'm noticing a really long for windows to start up. Could it be because i installed zone alarm and AVG ?

Here's the new logfile for HJT.

Thanks

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

winupdates
outlook

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

winupdates.exe
outlook.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winupdates] C:\Program Files\winupdates\winupdates.exe /auto

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [outlook] C:\Program Files\outlook\outlook.exe /auto

O16 - DPF: {5CA5E00D-80A8-475A-BF08-816FD56DBC38} (KTCtrl Class) - http://support.kornet.net/sw5/order/Speed/cab/KTSpeedNewCtrl.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\outlook<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\winupdates<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

It appears you`re not running any antivirus software. Go HERE and follow the instructions for downloading, installing and running one of the Antivirus programmes.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of scriblerus only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi Howard,

Everything seems normal. Booting up is a bit slower than usual. Maybe it's the new programs (zone alarm and avg anti-spyware).

Here is the HJT log after following your instructions.

Thanks a bunch.

Your HJT log is now clean.

Go HERE and read the instructions. Especially about installing an Antivirus programme and how to disable the AVG Antispyware guard. AVG Antispyware must not be confused with an antivirus programme, it is an antispyware programme.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back