W3410 emachine restore disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I hope you can help me out here, my grand daughter messed up her computer and tried to fix it herself which had a bad ending, the short of it is she formatted the hard drive and deleted all the partitions to, yes the one with the restore or recovery in it also,

now I understand that I can get another copy of a restore/recovery for that machine and put the key for the machine in and she'll be back at her crap, trouble is that emachine does not sell or have any more of those and are of no help at all,

would anyone in here have a set of recovery disk that I could get or some ideal where i can get one,

I have tried using other recovery disk and a ms window xp home sp2 disk and changed the key but that will not let me download a thing nor have I had any word back from MS as to what I can do so I am out bumming,

Poppa Rob

I have gone to the chat tech support, which is of no use, they do not have a recovery disk for this computer and want me to just buy anothere os disk and key from MS,

question, is it possible to find another person wih a W3410 computer and to get a copy of their recovery disk or someone to make a copy of the recovery partition, then I could make my own disk, as long as I use the key for the computer it should work right,

would any oem sp2 recovery work, would it have to be a emachine oem, I know the ms oem sp2 disk we have does not work, it will not install,

thanks for any and all info and help

Poppa Rob

Your key is only linked to the original OS it was installed with, you would need to locate a Recovery CD that was originally provided with your key

So therefore, no not any Recovery CD will work
And, yes you may be able to locate the original Recovery CD for your key (try Google)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back