TechSpot

W7 BSOD three times today, need help debugging, dump attached

By itgerdo
Aug 24, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. i have had (3) shutdowns today. i have tried to do the debugging but can't get it too work, keeps coming up with an error. I've attached the dump file, can someone help?? pls

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,065   +169

What are you doing when the shutdowns happen? What is your computer? A laptop, desktop? What operating system are you using?

3. itgerdo

itgerdo TS Rookie Topic Starter

Computer is a HP Elite Desktop, OS is Windows 7 Ultimate, crash happened once when defragging hd, twice when I shut down all programs and tried to do a restart

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,065   +169

Go to Computer, and right-click on the C drive, Properties, Tools and set a disc check at start up

5. Modena

Modena TS Enthusiast Posts: 182

Have you recently installed any programs/drivers or changed any hardware? Also are you able to boot into safe-mode?

6. itgerdo

No new hardware/software. I am able to boot in safe mode. Not really picking up on any trend of when it happens. It seems to be random.

7. itgerdo

Tmagic - did a check disk and it found no errors? Anything else to try, or should that take care of it?

8. Modena

Modena TS Enthusiast Posts: 182

Well from the dumps I initially thought it was you're HD about to fail (DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR/ (NTSTATUS) 0xc000009d - STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED). But since you're able to get into safemode without a crash and did a chkdsk without any errors. I think it could be that you have multiple AV programs that could be causing the crash. Do you know if you have multiple AV programs installed?

9. itgerdo

Only use (1) program, symantec AV

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.