TechSpot

Waiting Period to Post

By CCT
Aug 29, 2008
Post New Reply
  1. I don't have a LOT of time to play around here and I do try to help BUT I am getting ticked with this 30 second timer crap!

Is there a way for responders that Julio or God approves of to avoid that?

:)

2. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

Looking at your post history I see 1 maybe 2 times where you would have a problem with the 30 second rule. Is it honestly that much of a problem? It used to be somewhere around 70 or 80 then it was brought down to 30. I have never had a problem with the 30 second rule.

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

You seem to be able to type very fast, I will give you that :)

Unfortunately let's call this necessary evil for the forums to exist spam free (90% of the time).

4. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

The only time I get the second delay is when I click on "My Posts" and "New Posts" at the same time, so it's kind of annoying at times but I could see why it exists.

As Julio said, if you had it any shorter the spam would increase.

5. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 2,653   +6

"As Julio said, if you had it any shorter the spam would increase."

Actually, I do not spam. Thus if "I" had it shorter, there would be no board impact and I wouldn't be aggravated enough to ask for some leniency.

That was my point.

However, let it slide - obviously no fix is in the plans. When I get ticked I'll just log until later.

:)

6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Sometimes that's not a bad idea anyway. Take a break, have a drink and come back.

7. Richardw9

Richardw9 TS Rookie Posts: 127

Why not make it so the higher you're techspot level the shorter the search timer?

8. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

I think we are beating a dead horse here. 30 seconds seems to be no problem with 99% of the posters here. Like Poertner said, take a break or something during that 30 seconds.

9. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

That's exactly what I thought when this was requested the first time. But vB doesn't allow this kind of customization by default and I couldn't find any hacks on the community site that allow for the option either :(

10. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,693   +1,880

The Theory of Relativity........

30 seconds at the speed of light is only a quarter of the distance of the moon. Thirty seconds standing still is no big deal, what's your hurry?

11. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

I know this is old, but even after having read it before, your post still cracks me up, captaincranky.

Anyways, I don't see an issue with the 30 second wait time, either.

12. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

You should have been here a year ago when it was even longer! ;)