Waiting Period to Post

CCT

I don't have a LOT of time to play around here and I do try to help BUT I am getting ticked with this 30 second timer crap!

Is there a way for responders that Julio or God approves of to avoid that?

:)

Looking at your post history I see 1 maybe 2 times where you would have a problem with the 30 second rule. Is it honestly that much of a problem? It used to be somewhere around 70 or 80 then it was brought down to 30. I have never had a problem with the 30 second rule.

You seem to be able to type very fast, I will give you that :)

Unfortunately let's call this necessary evil for the forums to exist spam free (90% of the time).

The only time I get the second delay is when I click on "My Posts" and "New Posts" at the same time, so it's kind of annoying at times but I could see why it exists.

As Julio said, if you had it any shorter the spam would increase.

"As Julio said, if you had it any shorter the spam would increase."

Actually, I do not spam. Thus if "I" had it shorter, there would be no board impact and I wouldn't be aggravated enough to ask for some leniency.

That was my point.

However, let it slide - obviously no fix is in the plans. When I get ticked I'll just log until later.

:)

Why not make it so the higher you're techspot level the shorter the search timer?

I think we are beating a dead horse here. 30 seconds seems to be no problem with 99% of the posters here. Like Poertner said, take a break or something during that 30 seconds.

Why not make it so the higher you're techspot level the shorter the search timer?

That's exactly what I thought when this was requested the first time. But vB doesn't allow this kind of customization by default and I couldn't find any hacks on the community site that allow for the option either :(

The Theory of Relativity........

30 seconds at the speed of light is only a quarter of the distance of the moon. Thirty seconds standing still is no big deal, what's your hurry?

I know this is old, but even after having read it before, your post still cracks me up, captaincranky.

Anyways, I don't see an issue with the 30 second wait time, either.

Back