Wal-Mart to sell 17" Toshiba notebook for $348

By Matthew
Aug 13, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you\'ve been holding off on the back-to-school laptop sales, you may want to pay your local Wal-Mart a visit this weekend. Starting Sunday the retailer is expected to offer a 17\" Toshiba Satellite L355 for $348.

Read the whole story
  2. fwilliams

fwilliams Newcomer, in training Posts: 97

I will wait until it comes pre-loaded with a Linux Operating System, preferably Linux Mint.
  3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,049   +84 Staff Member

I think the model is a yearish old. You're probably going to be waiting a while, heh.
  4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 960   +84

Not a bad little system for my wife, who only does on-line banking and checks her email. Her current Toshiba laptop is 6 years old, but has a Celeron 1.5 Ghz CPU. Aside from being old and worried about predicted hardware failure due to age, she doesn't have any other driving need to replace it.
  5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,536   +858

This is a bit of a step up from the L305 Toshiba that Best Buy was running at $299,99. It has the same CPU, GMA4500, but Vista basic, 160GB HDD and only 2GB of RAM, 15.6 " screen @ 1200 X 800. I bought one of these to show photos with, and I'm very, very happy with it. I have to say though, the extra $48.00 gets you a lot of goodies on the WalMart offering.

BTW, I installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 3,(Version 3 is 4+ yrs old), Vista complained a bit, then configured it to run as compatibility for XP SP2, and the program works perfectly.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.