wanna upgrade....

By Patawad
Sep 6, 2005
  1. my laptop. I only wanna go so far as the RAM and CPU, since the panels for them are on the bottom of the laptop. Well, the thing is, I WANT to upgrade it. I don't know if it's worth it though. I have a refurbed HP Omnibook 6000 P3 597mhz, 256mb ram. I would like to change the cpu to something faster (of course) and about 512mb of ram. If possible (i know its hard but im up for a challenge) maybe ill change the 8mb video card.

so, what do you think? is it worth it to upgrade this thing?
  2. urbandragon

urbandragon TS Rookie Posts: 231

You are not going to be able to upgrade that box very much. max Processor, and just guessing here but would probably be less than a 1000Mhz.

You would be better off just going out to dell or one of the others and purchase you an new laptop.

dell had a few deals with laptops starting around 500 bucks if i remember correctly, of course that was after rebates. I will check more on you system specs though for exact upgrades
  3. urbandragon

urbandragon TS Rookie Posts: 231

Max supported ram on that laptop is 512Mb 100MHZ SDRAM.

from what it looks like max supported processor is a 700MHZ Intel Mobile Pentium III.

So its not even worth trying to upgrade in my opinion. sell it on ebay and buy a new one.
  4. Patawad

Patawad TS Rookie Topic Starter

well that sucks. I need to keep this one too. Maybe just a little more ram.

How about my desktop? its about 5 years old I think. Gateway E-4600 I believe. P4 1.4ghz, 128mb rdram, 32mb video card.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.