Want to be ready for Cataclysm PC video card

So i am wounding how i can upgrade my pc video card for the new world of warcraft expansion i know that i will be needing a upgrade on my power supply as well. i really don't know much about how to upgrade my PC but i am hoping that you guys can help me out my budget is about 300 dollars.i hope that its is enough to get a video card that can run this game on all setting high. to anyone that helps me i am truly grateful

Motherboard make/model:pegatron M2N78-LA
Motherboard graphic interface : *
Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce 9100
Also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards
Power supply make:
Power supply watts:300W power supply
Power supply amps on +12v:
CPU:AMD Athlon II X4 630
Ram:6GB

i have given all the information i know i hope it helps to anyone that can assist me thank you again

HK's choices are solid but I personally would recommend a GTX 460. Reason being that Blizzard games tend to favor Nvidia GPU's overall and as you are looking for one specifically for WoW I'd say the following is the better card for your situation.

EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked EE 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 - This is an already overclocked card and is currently going for $180 after $20 dollars instant off and $20 MIR which imo is a great deal. Also double check to make sure you have enough room as you didn't mention what case you have. The card is about 8.25in in length and you'll need between .5in - .75in for the two 6pin connectors.

Regarding PSU's the Corsair one is perfect, if you want something cheaper let us know and we'll look around. There are a lot of low quality PSU's available so don't go out buying one without double checking with us :) .

Edit: Forgot to ask, but what resolution do you plan to game on? The video cards we both suggested are great for 1680x1050 / 1920x1080 but if your monitor only supports something like 1280x1024 or similar it's a bit overkill. I'd say downgrading to a 768MB GTX 460 would do you just as well and save you around $20 - $30 dollars depending on the vendor.

thank you both reclic and Hk i think i am gonna buy the EVGA GeForce GTX 460, and the CORSAIR just to be safe i saw a lot of bad reviews about the gigabyte about how it dies after 2 months of play. my screen res is 1920x1080 and my case size is *
Height: 38.7 cm (15.23 inches)Width: 17.5 cm (6.89 inches) Length: 41.4 cm (16.29 inches) Bay size i think it will fit,thank you again guys

you cant go by reviews on newegg since most of the people that put reviews on there dont know what there doing to begin with also most items are damaged during shipping so its not the oem's fault that some items just fail but dont take my word for it look it up.

Back