Want To Build Gaming PC, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi... I want to build a new gaming pc. I’ve a little knowledge about hardware that’s why I am looking for your help to build that to play high end games like NFS Most wanted, unreal tournament 2007, max Payne 2 and many more.
Well my budget is INR 13000 {$270 approx} including processor. I've decided to go with AMD Athlon II x2 250 (3.0 GHz socket a3).
I won't buy any Intel stuff because they are twice in price and similar in performance against AMD in India.
I want to know which chip set is best for AMD mobos NVIDIA GeForce 8200 or AMD 785G. For AMD 785G chip set I've listed two motherboards available in India are: -
1. Biostar A785GE
2. Biostar TA785GE 128M
And for NVIDIA GeForce 8200:- MSI K9N2GM-FIH Motherboard

I'm also confused with which graphic card should I buy ATI or NVIDIA???
As I know a little bit about processor and mobos but when it comes to graphic cards I run out of words. Because I'm not experienced with any graphic card. So I need your suggestions to choose right product to match the minimum requirement for high end games.
I've seen some video cards and listed the best meets to my budget are: -
1. XFX ATI Radeon HD4350 1GB DDR2 HD-435X-ZAHC Graphics card
2. Sapphire ATI Radeon HD4350 11142-18 1GB DDR2 Graphics Card
3. Palit NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 1GB DDR2 Super+ Graphics Card
one more thing I want to know that can am3 processor run on mobo with am2+ socket or will it affect on performance.
I've bought 2 gb DDR2 Ram 800MHz, 350 gb seggate hdd, AOC 22" lcd monitor and creative 5.1 speaker. I'm currently using xp pro sp2 and will continue with it. Waiting for your response.
THANKS.....
And sorry for my poor English

Hi vashistha1987. Is your budget Rs. 13,000 for only the processor, motherboard and graphics card? Or will that include a power supply and cabinet as well? You can run an AM3 processor fine on an AM2+ socket.

At your budget I'd recommend:

Processor : AMD Athlon II X2 250 - Rs. 4500
Motherboard : ASUS M3A78 - Rs. 4200 (Supports the CPU with a BIOS upgrade) or
Biostar TA790GXBE - Rs. 4500
Graphics card : Powercolor / Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 - Rs. 4500

All the above prices are approximate. Those should be your choices considering you've got a decent power supply and an ATX cabinet.

BTW, where in India are you located?

Hi.. well I'm from Noida near New Delhi. yes this is my budget for the processor, mobo and video card. I've already decided to buy AMD Athlon II x2 250 and I'll surely go with Biostar TA790GXBE if it will cost around RS. 4500 as you said.
but I 've a question about 785g and 790gx chipset. they both support AM3 it's ok but the 785G comes with ATI Radeon HD 4200 Onboard Video Chipset while 790GX, which is a bit higher, comes with ATI Radeon HD 3300 Onboard Video Chipset. Then why shouldn't I buy a 785G mobo.
another thing is I'm still confused which video card i should go with ATI or Nvidia 9500 gt 1gb ddr2 for RS 3600 approx. is 9500gt better than ATI 4350 or 47 series??
for pc case and power supply my budget is 4000 Rs. not more then this.
could you suggest any power supllier and cabinate.
I'll assemble a fan for proceesor and another fan for video card. or something i'll need more then these stuff.????

You cannot use the onboard video along with a video card, unless you are using Hybrid Crossfire, which would require the use of an HD 2400\3400 series card.

So it doesn't matter which chipset you go for; I recommend going for whichever's cheaper. In fact, you could go for a 740G chipset motherboard like the GA-MA74GM-S2 and save even more money, unless you are going to use a lot of PCI cards or have an aversion to mATX boards.

For a card, I'd suggest at least a 9600GSO or 9600GT. The HD 4670 is also a good choice. Go with whichever of these is cheaper.

Any case will be fine. As for PSUs, that would depend on availability. The Corsair 400CX and OCZ StealthXStream 500W would be excellent choices if you can find them. Otherwise, you'll probably have to make-do with a Cooler Master PSU; just make sure the latter is rated for at least 500W or more.

Well it's difficult to suggest both a case and PSU within Rs 4000. A good PSU would cost you at least Rs. 3000.

As Rage above said, the Corsair 400CX or the OCZ would be very good choices for a PSU. Cooler Master, on the other hand seems not much in favour here. However, I'm using the Cooler Master Extreme Power 600W which I bought for Rs. 3500.

The 790 chipset is a much better performer (esp. when it comes to OCing) than the other AMD chipsets. But if that isn't any concern then you may go with what Rage suggested above or a 770 chipset (depending on availability and AM3 CPU support).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back