Want to buy a workstation for video and 3d

By israel romero
Aug 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. So, hey people, I'm new here... so I want to know what I need to buy, so first things firs... I have $4100 dls. second.. I almost use all the time, adobe premiere, after effects, cinema 4d and some times zbrush and maya... in video I work from full hd to 2k and 4k. so some times I do rendering for architecture also...

So thats what I have and the programs I use, so I wanted to go and muy a workstation for this, so some said... BUY A INTEL... and others BUY AMD... and some said MAKE A NVIDIA MAXIMUS and I was like I LIKE THE FIREPRO W7000... SO WHATS BETTER? I was configuring this computer the other day the http://www.titanuscomputers.com/Titanus-A275-Dual-AMD-Opteron-Seoul-4300-Series-p/a275.htm

With 32 gb. ram, a w7000, OPTERON 12 cores or maybe 16 cores... thats on the main thing... the other things are just accesories, but is it really the best option? or should I go for intel, please I really need to know a real answer... because I just want the render and transcoding video fast enough to make a good workflow... so would like some help from you guys on this... I have been reading a lot for this but hell... Im not a computer genious I just want to render faster!
  2. stonarda

stonarda TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 178   +17

I would not go for an Opteron processor as they are meant more for servers than desktops. For a build like this, you would either be looking at the AMD 8350 flagship or an Intel I7 4xxx.. The main difference is that Intel is faster on single-threaded tasks (that is the major difference), but AMD is ever so slightly faster on some multi-threaded tasks...

Would you be willing to build the computer yourself?
  3. israel romero

israel romero Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Well I dont know, I would love to say I WOULD LIKE TO BUILD MINE BUT I don't think thats going to happen any time soon... its more like my parents want to buy it directly from some place... pfff :( any way... so that was the best deal I came across with workstations... the main thing I saw was 12 cores, 32 gb ram and crossfire w7000... would you recommend what computer and what specs? for 4100 dolars...

So, what would be the best option to go? a single cpu or 2 cpu's... fx 8xxx? I would say that would sound good because I open at the same time, after effects, and cinema 4d... and photoshop... what is better?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.