TechSpot

Want to launch a live streaming interactive multi-cam cooking lesson

By Sunshinewilly
Jan 24, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Need info on live streaming multi-cam set up for video conferencing

Hello computer experts!:) I hope i am posting this in the right forum.

I am interested in starting an online live interactive cooking lesson series. I want to stream the lessons for 15 - 20 people using a video conferencing program (goto meeting, VeaMea...not sure which one yet) through our laptop.

I want to have two or three cameras running through my laptop that i can toggle through. One would be a wide shot of me and the kitchen. Another would be a close up of the cutting board to demonstrate cutting techniques and/or one camera mounted above the stove for when i am cooking. I want to be able to change cameras with a click of the mouse during the lesson and then be able to change back.

Can I hook up 2 or 3 cameras to my laptop (Intel core i3-380m with 6 gig ddr3) and accomplish what i want to do. I am currently looking at high quality HD webcams, but not sure if this route will be enough for the main camera. It may need to use a lipstick or bullet style camera.

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated. If this is not the best forum and you know a better one, please advise. Thanks,
    Willy
  2. ITLogicSystems

ITLogicSystems TS Enthusiast Posts: 106

I have some thoughts on this one, but it's a fairly old post. Post back so I know you are still needing help.
  3. Sunshinewilly

Sunshinewilly TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hey there,
    I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thank you for asking.
  4. ITLogicSystems

ITLogicSystems TS Enthusiast Posts: 106

Bandwidth, bandwidth, bandwidth... You need to have a STRONG internet connection with plenty of upstream bandwidth. 2 or 3 HD cameras to stream this live I'd say you want a minimum of 10-12Mb/s upstream. As for the service, perhaps uStream, or Citrix gotomeeting... I found these comments on a similar subject on another forum: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/117/858171 might be some material to help get you going in the right direction. Hope this helps!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.