Want to put XP on Vista machine

Ok. I have a pc (2009) and it came with windows vista. But i would like to put windows XP. I want to do that is it would run so fast. I thing it has new hardware in it so i cant get xp on it. Can someone help me?

Why not Win 7? Win 7 is very fast, cheap, and more powerful than XP in alot of ways. Also, are we talking windows xp pro or home edition, and will it be 32 or 64 bit? If you want to put Home Edition 32 bit on your machine I wouldn't even bother.

Please be more specific, citing system specs, brand & model number (if it is a manufacturer built pc), and the specific problem you are having (error message/code) if you have already tried installing XP unsuccessfully.

I believe you will find that most here will strongly recommend Windows 7 though.

Agreed - but there may be an issue with drivers for some of your hardware whichever way you go.
I assume you want to use XP because you have a spare copy available - in which I case I would recommend investing in a new hard drive and install the new OS onto that just in case the whole thing is a complete mess and you find neither XP nor W7 works for you. At least you then have a solution and a working machine.

Joseph if it is only a year old your computer manufacturer may supply a downgrade XP for free or very little cost. We have been doing that with HP every since Vista came out.
You didn't mention manufacturer, but if it is a major manufacturer and still under warrantee give it a go.

Back