Want to upgrade PC

TheDevopsGuy

so in the late 2007-2008 I used to play alot with this pc and I ran alot of the games smoothly withouth any problems at all but technology is always advancing and apperantly my pc never did when im playing a game my cpu is always moving from 60-85%cpu usage which usualy hits 100% making the game uber laggy and unplayable ram is always on 70% physical usage

The System.

pentium 4 H/t
1gig ram
geforce6200

what I was thinking tell me if there is any better personaly im an intel fan never and ever tried amd

I was thinking about a g620 which is about 55euros
a motherboard with ddr3 sata2 and pci express 2.0 60 euros
and maybe put in a 550 ti 150euros
ram 4gig ddr 3 20euros

275 euros
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dont know if that 550ti will be a bottleneck for my cpu tho if it would be any problem ima try to get an i3 or an i5

any suggestions budgety which would actualy make my computer alive for these years games example like diablo 3
which isnt rly cpu dependent more gpu and ram.

Moving from a P4, the G620 will be a major improvement. I have personally taken it upon myself, not to suggest anything less than an i3.

The 550Ti is a nice start for someone getting back into gaming. The 550Ti is powerful enough to play any game on low settings and from there you will get an idea whether you need more power from a graphics card.

ty seeing cpu benchmarks apperantly g620 and i3 2120 have only 150 score above and i3 is double the cash for the g620 and pentium 4 is only 300 cpu score while g620 is 2450 which is a bigger score and seeing that diablo leauge of legends wow and runescape are not cpu hungry it should be fine 1 thing I must say though does it actualy do any difference on these games if I have 2 gig ram or 4 because 2 gig ram is 10 euros 4gig is 15 so I didnt rly see any difference its actualy way better because ddr400 used to be 30$ per 1gig stack

One more thing is there any program to check your psu power because mine doesnt have the label anymore

Well it all depends on your budget, the G620 is actually a very capable processor considering it's half the price of the cheapest i3.

The 550Ti for EUR 150 sounds very expensive, in the UK they're GBP 80 including tax which is about EUR 100. Anyway I think the 6850 is a better buy.

Definitely get 4GB RAM considering how cheap RAM is nowadays.

Back