Wanting to dual-boot Windows XP and Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxSnip3xX

I have two hard drives and one is 15 gb and I have 14gb left, how would I install Ubuntu onto that drive, and then, if I install it right. How would I boot to it?

boot from ur ubuntu cd and watch the magic.. i think it uses disk druid (maybe that was fedora) to patition the hard dive. once installed linux's GRUB becomes ur boot manager and u can make it do whatever u want

With a dual boot on your machine I recommend you don't install from cd but rather download
Wubi8.10 it will install as a loop on your hd without any partitioning and if this distro is not to your likeing simply remove the whole thing from your xp via the add/remove programs.

With a dual boot on your machine I recommend you don't install from cd but rather download
Wubi8.10 it will install as a loop on your hd without any partitioning and if this distro is not to your likeing simply remove the whole thing from your xp via the add/remove programs.

I actually ended up doing this yesterday....I was very impressed! It's a great thing...thanks anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back