Warcraft 3 blue screen

By nicotal
May 10, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, Im having the same problem as jchoi1009, and he fixed his problem updating his sound drivers, but I updated my sound drivers and it didnt fix the problem.

My .dmp file weight's 287 KB, so I cant upload it here, but here is wait it says when I open it:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bugcheck Analysis

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {fffff8000a44dc63, 7, 1, fffff88004212c3b}

Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis

Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys, Win32 error 2

WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for i8042prt.sys

ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for i8042prt.sys

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in the end it says:

Probably caused by : i8042prt.sys ( i8042prt+6c3b )

Followup: MachineOwner

Thanks for the help.
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,113   +23

For future reference you can Zip large files which will compress the files so that you can attach them.

0xD1 errors are almost always caused by faulty driver. In your case the I8042prt.sys is cited as your cause and it is a system function driver found in Microsoft Windows 2000 and later versions for PS/2-style keyboard and mouse devices.

Either uninstall and reinstall your keyboard and mouse or update your drivers for both.
  3. nicotal

nicotal Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Ok, ill try that and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.