Warcraft 3 hosting BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a while on this computer using both Vista and now Windows 7 I get the BSOD when I try to host certain games in WC3. It will sometimes happen immediately and other times it will happen after a few moments, Other times it wont happen at all, but it is still a huge annoyance not knowing when my computer will crash. This problem only happens when I try to host a game. Hopefully someone can tell me what I need to do for someone to help me with this problem.

Please check, Start > Run (Search) > c:\windows\Minidump folder
for any new Minidumps to attach >
attach.gif
to a New reply

My computer specs are an Intel Core 2 quad 2.84GHz 4GB ram 64 bit Windows 7 and GeForce 9800 GT. I checked the drivers that I could think might caused the problem and as far as I see they are up to date. Here are the DMP files that I could find.

Fault seems to be caused by Realtek Ethernet driver Rt64win7.sys
You might want to confirm that you do have the most up to date driver installed or try uninstalling this driver all together, to see if it crashes again (I understand that you will obviously need a network though, but it would be interesting how it performs with the driver unloaded)

Anyway, search for a better updated driver for your Realtek Network

EDIT:

Which Antivirus are you using?

Thanks for atleast giving me an idea of what could be wrong, and as for the antivirus im currently using, I usually use AVG free, but couldn't get it loaded using Windows 7, so my friend told me to try and use Microsoft Security Essentials.

Well I did a clean install of Windows 7, so figured wouldn't be any problem with having to remove a program to install again.

Anyway I downloaded the driver off the Realtek site and so far it seems to be working. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back