Warcraft Iii Tft: Screen Lag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

h4wk

hi, ever since i got my pc reformatted ive been getting screen lag for warcraft 3. I have a:

AMD Althon (TM)xp 2000+ proccessor
Nvidia Geforce2 mx/mx 400 graphic card
1gig of RAM
1.67GHz

Ive never had this problem b4 the reformat and i had the same things. Ive try lowering the texture quality for wc3 options/video than its fine, however the graphics are a bit blurry. Can someone help me please... I will really appreciate it.

Im not surprised, its not a very fast system. The problem with blurring is probably down to the wrong refresh rate for your tft. You need to check what rate your card is putting out and what rate your tft profers!!!

The refresh rate on my card is at 60 hertz right now, but i dont noe wat tft profers. However, if i need to get my system to run faster.... what should buy to make it faster or should i just get a new computer?

Well for starters the geforce2 mx400 is ancient, i had one of those about 5 years ago!!! If i remember correctly i think its only agp x2.

Another question: How come this problem im having only occured after i reformatted? I mean before i reformatted.. my wc3 didnt have any screen lag at all and i was able to put the texture quality at medium. Now i have to leave it at low to actually play a good game.

Are you absolutely sure you have installed all your mobo drivers and updated them?

rik said:
Well for starters the geforce2 mx400 is ancient, i had one of those about 5 years ago!!! If i remember correctly i think its only agp x2.
That doesn't really matter. WC3 TFT runs smoothly on integrated and the FPS difference between integrated and X1950XTX Xfire is only about 30FPS.

I agree with rik, re-install your mobo and videocard drivers and if that doesn't work, reinstall WC3

Sry for being a noob ;/ But whats a mobo? Also im sure i installed my drivers from nvidia.com and my processor at amd.com. I have also reinstalled wc3 twice, but than again it doesnt work. Unless i have to reinstall all of them at once... ill try it again.

Mobo=motherboard,

Well it does sound like you have installed all your drivers.

If your only playing WC3 then your comp should be ok, your graphics card is abit old but still it should play the game ok! Have you set the settings to medium/low?

Where can i update my motherboard? And the settings in my wc3 right now is low, but the graphics are terrible... If i put it on medium theres a lot of screen lag

I just found where i can update my mobo, but i dont nnoe which 1 to update cuz i dont want to mess up my mobo. I have a ASUS model: a7v8x-x.. CAN any 1 help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back