Warhead not playing as it should

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketchy Meister

About a week ago I bought Crysis Warhead, hoping to be able to play on Enthusiast, or at least Gamer settings. I couldn't. To play the game smoothly I had to have everything on Mainstream settings. Running on Gamer, I get about 15 fps. I've been using tweaks, and reinstalling drivers, and the works to try and pump out more frames. Even running it in DX9 I only max out at around 25-30 fps. I read techspots performance guide a couple days ago and saw that at a resolution of 1680 x 1050, in DX10, with about the same setup as mine, they could get 26+ frames on Gamer settings, and 17+ on Enthusiast. So their tests on Enthusiast ran slightly better than my rig on Gamer. I don't know what the deal is, but something seams odd. I get graphic anomalies sometimes too, usually having to do with muzzle flashes, which show a colored square around them. I also get a score of 4.5 for RAM in the Windows Experience Index with 4GBs, while my friend has 2GB and gets 5.3, this always made me question whether my RAM was performing well or not. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running version 178.13 for nVidia

First of all what is your graphic that you are using?

Also about your RAM this may be normal. You can have about 30GB of RAM of the same types of slick brand and someone have 2 or 3GB of RAM with another better RAM brand that is more rapid and his score will be better. When Vista test the RAM it does not test it on the number of GB but on the speed the RAM executes and work. So if you have twice the number of RAM than your friends I suppose your RAM may be slower than him. So don't worry you PC will be faster than him but when Vista test is test on the speed not of number of GB. That's why I don't take care of Windows Experience Index.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back