TechSpot

Warner Bros. starts selling movies in Apple's App Store

By Matthew
Feb 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Warner Bros. has begun delivering video content to countries without access to Apple's iTunes movie store, such as China and Brazil. The studio has launched a new service that will sell films as applications through the App Store, starting with the immediate availability of The Dark Knight and Inception.

Read the whole story

2. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 930

You can pick up the Dark Knight for $9.99 on Blu-Ray from Amazon, Best Buy and Walmart to name a few. Why would you want to pay that much or more just to stream it?

3. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Warner needs to put more money into their animation. The last good thing they did besides superhero movies was Animaniacs and Tiny Toons. Warner is better at animation then movie making.

Screw itunes streaming, Warner and the rest of hollywood needs to put out content that's worth paying to stream.

4. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 930

I love Animaniacs, they're great :)

5. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Yah. On the note of warner releasing good stuff. Animaniacs is yet to see a DVD release of the last 24 episodes, and it's been SIX YEARS. I feel bad for downloading the episodes from the last 24 that I found but that's just asking for piracy

6. DokkRokken

DokkRokken TS Rookie Posts: 275

Weird. Warner's been good with other animated releases like Freakazoid and Batman. I had no idea Warner has been leaving Animaniacs fans out in the cold.

7. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

Freakazoid, wow that brings back memories. my fav was JLU, bit of a DC fan
    Anyway back to the matter at hand the article did say it can be "downloaded for offline playback", will be interested in the size

8. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 804   +9

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO NURSE! Man...I can't believe how much adult humor was in that show, lol. It makes todays "kid" movies (like Shrek) look tame.

Anywho, it does seem odd for this to be an "App." I agree that it belongs in the iTunes store...which I don't use. My iTunes crashed once and I had to reinstall...lost ALL of the music I had!!! Probably my fault since I loaded the songs into the iTunes library (popped the CD in, let iTunes rip it). After that, haven't used it since. VLC is my friend now :p (sorry, didn't mean to turn into a rant against iTunes...let the flaming war of the fanboys begin, lol)

9. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 639   +127

FREAKAZOID

That is all

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.