Warning in the system log Windows 7 64 bit Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbertLionheart

Warning in the system log Windows 7 64 bit Pro
Looking at my event manager (I know, sad isn't it!) I saw a note from Wininit saying that "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications."
Clearing this up would speed the windows load but how do I do it? There is an entry for each boot cycle.

Using the event viewer to your advantage isn't sad, it's smart; the DLL warning your are experiencing seems normal to me. Did you install Windows 7 yourself or is this a computer that is store-bought? If you aren't getting any BSODs I don't think you need to worry about it much. Not exactly sure how clearing the entries would speed up windows but it may be linked to your antivirus or an update.

Thanks for the kind words! The warning implies that there are .dll's being loaded unnecessarily so this would add useless overhead and slow down the boot as well. As you say, as there are no BSoDs there is no real harm being done. This is a system I built myself and this was a clean install onto a new drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back