Warning Spyware Has been detected Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi- I put blind dragon in the title because I would prefer that he helped me with this problem as I know he has sucessfully eliminated this in the past. I still need to run the preliminary logs and such so I will post those on here as soon as I get those done. I have the obvious symptoms:
1) Task manager doesn't work
2) background has been changed to black with 'Spyware has been detected on your PC'
3) Numerous pop-ups-most say cmnsky or something like that
4) Internet disconnects and has frequent pop-ups

Hi Jerilin,

Welcome to Techspot!

Most of the programs have caught up to this thing so you may get rid of symptoms by following the preliminary removal instructions. Then post the requested logs and we can clean up any leftovers manually. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and ask questions if you are unsure of how to proceed at any point.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)MBAM or SAS log
2)Combofix or DSS log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of Jerilin only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

So this is my new favorite site!!! You fixed my spyware problem 100%. Background is gone, can now use task manager, and pop ups are gone! Thank you- thank you- thank you!!! Only issue is with display settings. Messed up display by hitting button on monitor and now I can't get it to "normal" xp sizing. Any suggestions? Are there any "default" display settings I could set it back too?

Yes there is. You can right click the desktop and select properties, then go to the display tab to adjust settings.

However, you should post the generated logs so I can check them for leftovers, tighten up your security to prevent future infections, and make sure everything is in place. We can also optimize what loads when you turn your computer on to increase performance.

This thread is for the use of Jerilin only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back