Warning: Spyware Threat Has Been Detected On Your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I know there have been a million threads with this same problem... but Ive been reading some of them and I dont really know what exactly everyone is talking about when they are going through the processes of removing this stupid thing! Like the hijackthis thing?? ....Im just :confused: I guess... Well if anyone could walk me through this I would greatly appreciate it. Im sure you guys all have it down to an art form by now! Thanks in advance. :)

Hi :

Based on what you wrote, it sounds like you have what is called a "Rogue"
program !? It is best to start with, and hopefully end, installing the FREE Version
of "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", best downloaded from www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php ; after installation, "Update" it, then run its
"Full Scan" .

Same problem!

hello,
My PC has also recently gotten affected with this malware. It says in a blue screen on my desktop "Warning: Spyware threat has been detected on your PC" and keeps giving me popups and what not. I have logs from Hijackthis and mbam that I am attaching. PLEASE if someone could help me thru this...it would be REALLY appreciated! thanks much

ahparekh2002, welcome to TS. The index page for this forum, near the top of the page, left side has the "new thread" starter.

It appears that you did not fully follow Malware Removal Procedures

This software has negative views expressed about its foistware
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

No information found for the following.
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [j2 4.2] "C:\Program Files\j2 Messenger 4.2\J2GDllCmd.exe" /R
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yodm3D] C:\Documents and Settings\Chintan\Desktop\yodm3D\Yodm3D.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [cdloader] "C:\Documents and Settings\Chintan\Application Data\mjusbsp\cdloader2.exe" MAGICJACK

A future consideration is updating to latest Java.

That is about as far as I can carry it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back