Watch as self-driving Audi RS 7 becomes the fastest self-driving car in the world

By Shawn Knight
Oct 21, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Self-driving cars are coming and as Audi demonstrates in the clip above, they're much more capable than you might think. The German automaker recently equipped an Audi RS 7 with its autonomous driving system to demonstrate its capabilities... at racing...

Read more
  2. EClyde

EClyde TS Maniac Posts: 616   +143

Watching? What fun is that? Next we will have automatic *** wipers
  3. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Maniac Posts: 797   +217

Like a bidet?
  4. Because you enjoy that so much?
  5. lipe123

lipe123 TS Evangelist Posts: 632   +163

That would save so much time washing hands! I'd love some of those.
    Auth3ntic0 likes this.

IAMTHESTIG TS Evangelist Posts: 905   +242

Racing is supposed to be a fun challenge for a human... Why would anyone want a computer to do it? Just to prove it can be done? The only potential usage of this tech I could see would be to program "piloted" ambulances and fire response vehicles to drive to a destination as fast as possible without causing harm. Even with all the tech I don't think it could do it through a crowded city without a scratch.
    EClyde likes this.
  7. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,372   +2,164

Mercedes-Benz might have something to say about that:

I agree that the technology is meaningless on a racetrack, but suggesting the technology isn't likely to be developed to stage X is more than a little bit naive.
    hahahanoobs likes this.
  8. EClyde

Let me rephrase. Driving is fun. Getting a car that drives itself? I'd rather wipe my ***..has a purpose
  9. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 806   +270

You don't wipe your ***? Eww.
    Auth3ntic0 likes this.
  10. "Driving is fun." Yes, you are right. Driving is fun. However, looking at the number of accidents and the number of deaths from accidents, one could argue that people are rather bad at it. Maybe it should be left to robots. But of course, most people will prefer 1000 deaths due to human error to just 1 death due to a robot-error.

By the way: Flying is fun. Driving a train is fun. But most of us don't do that either.
  11. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,372   +2,164

No, people would rather be free to live their lives as they see fit. This includes having the choice to manually operate a vehicle. It has nothing to do, however, with preferring harm to come to others.

Accordingly: 5 out of 10. Your trolling was decent, but lacked any originality or wit. Come back after you've eaten a few goats.
  12. EClyde

I didn't think you were a girl. Excuse me Mam