TechSpot

Watch Dogs' hefty PC specifications reveal game will be 64-bit only

By Scorpus
Oct 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. As the next generation of game consoles begins, it's time for PC gamers to prepare for a significant hike in game specifications. Ubisoft recently posted, but then removed the PC specifications for their upcoming title Watch Dogs, revealing some hefty...

Read more

cliffordcooley likes this.
  2. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 894   +134

Kinda cool... but if the game runs on Xbox360/PS3, I wonder if the PC restrictions are artificial.

3. lchu12

lchu12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 199   +9

Phew...ULTRA settings here I come! Still can't play Rome II on Ultra though....=(

4. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,628   +113

My two and a bit year old AMD HD5850 card states it supports DirectX 11. Was it 11.1/11.2 that was listed? As that would be rare.

cliffordcooley likes this.
  5. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Enthusiast Posts: 585   +100

Or you can just buy a PS4 or Xbox One.

6. I dont know man....lots of bloom and shadows but doesnt look impressive to me, just another increment on graphics...
    give me better models and animations on characters, when are they gonna REALLY move like people

avoidz, lmike6453 and St1ckM4n like this.
  7. Mavrickx888

Mavrickx888 TS Member Posts: 64   +9

Looks like it may be time to throw another 7950 in... either way I'm pretty excited for Watch Dogs!

8. Moxiy

Moxiy TS Rookie Posts: 36

Now I get what they mean with next generation...

9. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 894   +173

I'm leaning towards unoptimized PC port. Unfortunately, as much as I would like an optimized game, I doubt it's what we'll get.

avoidz and St1ckM4n like this.
  10. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

I thought I read somewhere the PC was the leading platform for this game. The first footage of the game was on a PC.

11. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 894   +173

If that's true it's good news. But, I won't get my hopes up.

12. soulsassassin

soulsassassin TS Rookie Posts: 27

Next generation means squeeze more money from people

13. Geforcepat

Geforcepat TS Rookie Posts: 74   +7

Bring it. let the whimps whimper

14. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

I think he means that a 64-bit and DX11 minimum requirement is rare.

Just going by the article image... look at the tree. These graphics look at least 3-4 years old.

15. Alpha Gamer

Alpha Gamer TS Booster Posts: 265   +49

16. St1ckM4n

17. Alpha Gamer

Alpha Gamer TS Booster Posts: 265   +49

I had everything planned for my ps4 purchase. But after reading these news and also learning that even though the ps4 is roughly 50% faster than the xbone, some devs are not that interested in making two different versions of the same game and thus, producing a standard version based o the slower machine, I shudder to think about what future of this next gen holds for us.
    I may very well just get some high end 2014 gpu and never look back.

18. St1ckM4n

Yep, I'm holding out on PS4 too. It really needs to be at the stage where every game is native 1080p, or I really won't bother. My HTPC has i5 3570K in it so it's basically a gaming rig in the making. I'll pick up 'next-gen' when it drops to <$300 as part of a bundle, to catch up on exclusives ..

19. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Booster Posts: 336   +49

Well if a Q6600 is the minimum I am not worried I only have a dual core i5, but it out scores a stock clocked q6600 in every benchmark I have run so far. Graphics would be my largest worry, but I will have to wait and see, prob gonna get this late next year anyways, usually wait a few months before diving in anymore.

20. gingerbill

gingerbill TS Enthusiast Posts: 175   +12

The fact it's coming on PS3 and 360 makes me think it's more likely to be a poorly optimised port than something amazing that will be making the most of the sys requirements.

21. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Enthusiast Posts: 585   +100

22. Not bothered with 720p and 30fps? Thats probs why you play console

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.