Watch this guy get pranked while demoing the Oculus Rift

Shawn Knight

Staff member

The Oculus Rift is billed as one of the most realistic gaming experiences ever but judging by the reaction of the guy in the clip below, that’s quite the understatement.

The video shows a guy testing out the upcoming VR headset in what appears to be a shopping mall alongside some of his buddies. He’s demoing a rollercoaster simulator and just as he reaches the peak of the hill before the coaster drops, his friend gives him a gentle nudge in the back and all hell breaks loose.

I’m not sure if it’s a bit of clever exaggeration or if the guy truly freaked out but either way, it’s worth a few good laughs.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Lol one can only imagine what would have happened had this been a zombie simulator.

Ok oculus needs to come out now.... I seriously cant wait to see the stuff thats gonna be developed with it!

What... the... hell. This passes for being real? How totally fake. Unless they've hacked the human mind, the dude was just acting stupid. It looked closer to being a seizure then the guy freaking out.

Would be more believable if he didn't know someone was behind him but the guy was touching him to indicate position, so he knew where the push was coming, fake surprised reaction

Would be more believable if he didn't know someone was behind him but the guy was touching him to indicate position, so he knew where the push was coming, fake surprised reaction
fake or not it's still really funny. and I am pretty sure that there are people out there in the world that will have that reaction for real :D

Back