TechSpot

Watercooled my Laptop

By Technochicken
Jul 14, 2009
  1. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,266   +42

Ok, that's an extremely old laptop, so you could probably risk losing it.

Its not practical, even for a high end notebook that you may play games on costing 2500usd+.

at least you had fun.

2. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,274

Cooling pads are much better and work really well, but I must say, it's a great idea.
    I hope none of the tubes ever leak!

3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,913   +92

.....some look out into the horizon...and ask why???
    ....some look out into the horizon and ask....why not?
    LOL , Very nice techno

4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,053   +970

New Horizons

And yet others look out to the horizon and ask, "is it still actually a laptop, with all the plumbing hanging out of it, and a heaksink hanging off it"?

So, to me it looks like the ugliest desktop I've ever seen, but with paranoid delusions of laptop-hood".

Sorry, but if you must, feel free to sing the party-pooper song in my honor.

Is that Mickey Mouse on the lid?

5. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 903

That's one of my pet chickens- the same picture I use as my avatar.

As for whether or not it is a laptop, you can put it on your lap and use it, so I guess so :)

6. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

The reason he is so cranky, is because he was born without an imagination and lacks the skills necessary to pull anything like this off.

I say great job Techno! I bet it was fun to make :)

Edit: Is that an old gateway?

7. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

:haha: Step away from the hot glue gun...

8. Technochicken

Hot glue?! Obviously you don't know how much epoxy I used (look at the waterblock) ;)

9. Mycologist

Mycologist TS Rookie Posts: 23

That looks like it must have been pretty fun to build, and despite its being a little, rough round the edges shall we say, it's still awesome because it has a chicken.

On a more serious note, did you actually notice any significant temperature improvements?

10. Technochicken

I actually don't know about the temps yet. I haven't found any software that will detect a temp diode on the CPU or motherboard. Also, windows is not working at the moment, and I'll have to get an external cd drive to reinsall it. Contidering how tiny the heatsink on it was, I imagine there was a fair improvement though.

11. red1776

Falling of the horizon.....and party pooping

oh cap I stand utterly flabbergasted on the heels of such an egregious and provocative insult. I believe that your obfuscation and subterfuge demonstrate your proclivity to scoff at and rudimentarily decimate the ingenuity of the proletariat. Your aptly self named title has shown that you are as bombastic as you are Querimonious. and have take this occasion to unleash your truculent attitude and prolific vocabularic** [ sic ] prowess.

huhhh huhhh what do you think? I think it's reminiscent of Henry Miller circa 'Maloch'
    I claim the right much as Willy Shakespeare did in creating a word when I could not find on that properly conveyed the picture I am attempting to verbally paint.
    now if you will excuse me...the nurse is here. :D;):wave:

**Vocabularic\ \vō-ˈka-byə-ˌler-ē, ic : possessing and or in control of a large library of words and expressive techniques.
    @ wendig0 ...Satire: A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.

***and add an 'f' to the title

12. captaincranky

Wow..........

There was a sort of stupid thread that went on for pages about "the world's most important question, is the glass half empty or half full". Pity you were not here, as the issue would have been resolved with great immediacy and efficacy, for verily the answer is, that thou art truly full of it! "Good Night Sweet Prince...." For thee a Willy tidbit.

13. red1776

....mine was in defense of satire... not an attack

14. captaincranky

Whaa, you're not gonna take credit for being "full of it", it was actually meant as a compliment!

Pehaps I should have replied thusly, "OK, my b***s are broke, you can stop now"!

15. red1776

falls under 'payback is a.......

oh yeah! I forgot i provided you with "fertile ground" not so far back :haha:

16. Technochicken

Nope, it's a Hyperdata. I'd never heard of them before now.

17. bdraft

bdraft TS Rookie

Chicken....I have to say it.

Your NUTZ!!

Of course I mean that in a good way I hope you know. I got some laughs out of it, and that isn't easy. Made me laugh about as much as the last time I read about someone squeezing 1khp out of a Ford 5.0L (302ci). It can be done if you're nutz and you are meticulous to details and choice of parts and how you fabracate parts that don't exist....

By the way, your chicken is cute, but I prefer Road Island Reds myself, eggs are better and so are the meat. Then again you described them as "pets" so the past probably doens't apply.

thank you for your time;
    bdraft

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.